As the world’s most popular annual Bible commentary for more than two decades, Standard Lesson Commentary (SLC) provides 52 weeks of study in a single volume and combines thorough Bible study with relevant examples and questions.
Key features include:
- Verse-by-verse explanation of the Bible text
- Detailed lesson context
- Pronunciation guide for difficult words
- Printed Scripture
- Discussion starters
- A review quiz for each quarter
Available in the King James Version (KJV) and New International Version® (NIV) Bible translations, the SLC is based on the popular Uniform Series. This series, developed by scholars from numerous church fellowships, outlines an in-depth study of the Bible over a six-year period.
The four main themes of the 2021–2022 study are:
- Celebrating God—Exodus, 2 Samuel, Psalms, Mark, Acts, Revelation
- Justice, Law, History—Pentateuch, 2 Samuel, Ezra, Job, Isaiah, Nahum
- God Frees and Redeems—Deuteronomy, Ezra, Matthew, John, Romans, Galatians
- Partners in a New Creation—Isaiah, John, Revelation
The SLC is perfect as the primary resource for an adult Sunday School class, for personal study, or as a supplemental resource for any curriculum that follows the ISSL/Uniform Series. Nearly two dozen ministers, teachers, and Christian education specialists contribute their expertise to SLC.
- PowerPoint® presentations
- Full text of the KJV Bible
- Full-color visual resources
- Student activity reproducible pages
- Quarterly quiz
- More than a dozen additional helps resources